Friday, November 7, 2008

First Week of Field Work

Hello! At the end of this week, I really feel like I know the students in my class, so much better than I did at the beginnning of the week. We taught our first lesson this week. During the lesson we showed the video we made on Michelangelo, and it went great, The students seemed to leaern a lot, this was a new subject for them, but they seemed to grasp the new ideas quickly and they had great questions. We also got chuckles at the right places, which was nice. After the video was over, each student drew then painted a picture of their favorite hobby. It was wonderful, I was so excited to see how some of the students just got right into it, and let their creativity flow. When they were all done, I put all their paintings on the ceiling just like the Sistine Chapel, while they were at PE. When the students came back to class they were all so excited to see their artwork displayed, and tried to find theirs.

We've done a few other activities with the children, reading to the class, doing spelling activities and helping in math. My preschool is continuing to run well, in my absence, but I miss my students. It's been fun getting to be in this new environment and learn from this teacher who has such a way with her students.

3 comments:

Dr. Hudgins said...

I'm glad your movie went so well and the students enjoyed watching it. What a good idea placing their paintings on the ceiling way to go!!
I take it you are enjoying it all. I hope the rest of your field goes well.

Carrie said...

I'm glad you are having a fun time in the classroom. It's so much fun see the kids learning.

mkoller said...

I think its great that you hung their work up like the sixteen chapel. Its a great motivator for the kids to want to participate. And i am sure that your students miss you as well.

Michelangelo Video